How to Install Facebook Pixel Code on Your Website
What is Facebook Pixel?
In a nutshell, Facebook Pixel code allows Facebook to monitor visitors to your website. This information helps when running targeted Facebook advertisements. Even if you aren't planning on running advertisements right now, installing the code is a great idea because it begins gathering data as soon as it is installed on your site!
How Do I Install Facebook Pixel Code?
Installing pixel code will depend on what type of website development software you are using. In general, the two largest website development tools on the market are Squarespace and Wordpress. We will go over how to install the pixel code on both of these platforms step-by-step.
Creating Your First Facebook Pixel
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Type ads manager in your search box and click search.
3. Click the visit button. This will take you to the Facebook Ads page.
4. If you haven't already, create an account with Facebook Ads.
5. Click on the Facebook Ads menu button in the top left corner of the screen. This will open a drop down menu.
6. Under the Measure & Report section, click on the Pixels link.
7. Click the green Set Up Pixel button. This will open a window with 3 options.
Once you get to this point you will have to follow different steps depending on whether you are using a Squarespace or a Wordpress website.
1. Click the green Set Up Pixel button. This will open a window with 3 options.
2. Select the Use an Integration or Tag Manager option at the top of the window.
3. Select the Squarespace option, the following windows will walk you through how to set up the code with your Squarespace website.
Wordpress users may benefit from using plugins to integrate their Facebook code. The process is very simple and can be applied to any supported Wordpress plugin. There are a few recommended plugins that are listed below, but the process to install each is the same.
How to install the Wordpress plugin you have selected:
1. Go to your Wordpress dashboard. This is usually yourwebsite.com/wp-admin.
2. Hover over the Plugins tab and click the Add New button.
3. In the Search Plugins box on the right side of the screen, enter the name of the plugin you wish to install.
4. A window will populate with search results. Your result will likely be the first one on the page. Click the Install Now button and the plugin will automatically install.
**I have created a couple tutorial videos for you below on how to create your pixel and also how to install it on your Wordpress site using PixelYourSite.
Recommended Wordpress Plugins
- Has automatic WooCommerce integration.
- You don't need to add any events yourself.
- Excellent customer support reviews.
- Frequently Updated.
- 100% Free.
- Easy Installation.
- WooCommerc integration.
- Updated frequently, unlike other similar plugins.